As we jump back into the office after Labor Day, we can sometimes forget in our day to day busy schedules, just how important it is to take a break! So I hope you spent the long weekend out of your office, in the sun and surrounded by friends and family! I know I did!
Last week I had the amazing opportunity to join hundreds of Women in Real Estate at the Annual California Association of REALTORS® WomanUP!® Conference in Huntington Beach, CA.
Not only did I get to attend and learn, but I was honored with being a Speaker, Emcee, Moderator AND taking over the Official WomanUP!® Instagram account – it was all of my favorite things wrapped up in a three-day event.
If you haven’t heard of C.A.R.’s WomanUp!® before, allow me to introduce you to this wonderful community. WomanUp!® exists to support the journey of women to the very top of their careers, whatever they might be! It’s a community for women in Real Estate; from Brokers to Agents and everyone in between. It’s a community where you can mentor, share your experiences, your best practices and learn from the collective wisdom of women in our industry!
It’s a community for US.
So… What did we actually do over the course of the three-day event? Get ready… it’s A LOT!
- Powerful Keynote Sessions.
- CircleUP BreakOUT Sessions with Industry Leaders on a range of topics.
- Interviews with Inspiring Women.
- Boundless Advice from Industry Legends.
- A Professional Headshot Lounge.
- Oceanview Breakfasts and Lunches.
- Guided Morning Yoga + Meditation.
- And my personal fave… WINE TASTING with the Mondavi Sisters!
This years WomanUP!® Conference was just the event I needed to fill up my tank again. And I was honored to be a part of it!
While sharing all of my photos and stories from the event is fun… I want this to serve as your reminder to GET INVOLVED! Whether it’s at a local level, or a national level, getting involved is such an important part of being a REALTOR®. It gives you a sense of community, friendship, and in cases like this – Sisterhood.
So… if WomanUP!® wasn’t on your calendar for this year, it better be for next year! Because I want to see YOU there!
Want to find out more about how YOU can join C.A.R.’s WomanUP!®? Head to iamwomanup.com today!
Throughout my time at WomanUP!®, I got to experience so many dynamic thoughts and ideas, introduced to me by the powerful female leaders in our Industry. I was SO invested in listening and learning and I wrote down some of my favorite quotes from the amazing speakers.
I hope you read through these powerful statements from the WomanUP!® Speakers, write down your favorites, and use them as your motivating affirmations – like I am!
- “If I had said no, I would not have experienced these moments.”
- “Having others know who I am, is not as important as me knowing who I am!”
- “It’s okay to ask “why me”, it’s not okay to stay there.”
- “Every Time I’ve taken a risk, I’ve been rewarded.“
- “If you are inspired to do something, do it.”
- “Don’t let NO bother you.”
- “If you want to grow you have to let go.”
- “Even if it brings you joy, and you’re good at it. You have to ask, is it the highest and best use of your time?“
- “Your story matters.”
- “No one is you, and that is your power.”
- “Paint such a clear picture that everyone in your organization knows where you are going.”
- “You do not HAVE because you don’t ASK!”
- “Strong women are the last to leave and the last to ask for help.”
- “Loving yourself is finding your voice and sharing it.“
- “Only you can be comfortable in your own skin.”
- “It’s all about the narrative we tell ourselves.”
- “I can accomplish and do anything I want.”
- “It’s not about more relationships, it’s about deeper ones.”
- “You attract who you are!”
- “If you choose wrong, choose again.”
- “Quit being insecure about what you don’t have and be secure in what you do have.”
- “When you are on the right path the doors will swing open.”
- “I never lose, I either learn or I win.”
- “You are going to fail, accept and learn from it. It’s about how you get back up!”
- “You need to know who you are, what you’re designed to do, and the problems you solve.”
- “Every obstacle I’ve faced has been an opportunity to succeed.”
- “You need your tribe, you need to trust your tribe and be vulnerable with your tribe.”
- “Step out of our shadow and into our biggest possibilities.”
- “Your differences are what make you, YOU!“
- “Making a change requires you to change your own story.”
- “What has your small voice been whispering to you? Listen to it!“
- “Flip the script, how do I make this an opportunity and not a challenge!“
- “Make bold decisions!“